Proposed Budget 2022/23
The Draft Proposed Budget 2022/23 is open for submissions and community feedback until 5pm, Wednesday 11 May 2022.
Annual Budget 2021-22
Maribyrnong Council aims to deliver a responsible and balanced budget that maintains excellence in service delivery, provides a strong capital program and is responsive to the growing needs of our community.
The adopted Annual Budget 2021-22 of $174 million includes a robust capital program.
The Budget has been developed in line with Council’s Long Term Financial Strategy and the Council Plan 2021-2025 to ensure a sustainable future.
Capital Projects include:
- $12.47 million for parks, open space and streetscapes in capital and improvement works including the planting of trees in streets, boulevards, and parks across the City
- $9.09 million to improve Council-owned roads across the City
- $6.65 million to build and improve footpath and cycle ways
- $7.41 million for recreational, leisure and community facilities
- $955,000 for off street carparks and other infrastructure
- $1.25 million in waste management
- $235,000 for Park Infrastructure Maintenance
- $5.5 million in City Amenity
- $2.7 million in Environmental Services
- $3.3 million in Road Maintenance
- $515,000 for drainage maintenance
- $250,000 in Line Marking
Increase to the Pensioner Rate Rebate Scheme
- The Pensioner Rate Rebate Scheme for all Maribyrnong pensioners eligible to participate in the State Government Pensioner Remission Scheme will increase from $198.20 to $201.30.
COVID-19 Hardship Policy
- The COVID-19 Financial Hardship policy will be extended until 30 June 2022.