Council Plan 2017–2021
The Council Plan 2017–2021 guides what we do and how we do it. It expresses our priorities and aspirations over a four-year period in making our community a better place to live, work and play.
Download the Council Plan 2017–2021(PDF, 2MB) (adopted June 2017).
Under the Council Plan 2017–2021, our priorities are:
- strong leadership - Council will lead our changing city using strategic foresight, innovation, transparent decision making and well-planned, effective collaboration
- healthy and inclusive communities - Council will provide and advocate for services and facilities that support people's wellbeing, healthy and safe living, connection to community, cultural engagement and whole of life learning
- quality places and spaces - Council will lead the development of integrated built and natural environments that are well maintained, accessible and respectful of the community and neighbourhoods
- growth and prosperity - Council will support diverse, well-planned neighbourhoods and a strong local economy
- mobile and connected city - Council will plan and advocate for a safe, sustainable and effective transport network and a smart and innovative city
- clean and green - Council will strive for a clean, healthy city for people to access open spaces, cleaner air and water and respond to climate change challenges
The Council Plan incorporates the Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan, and focuses on improving the physical, social, natural, cultural and economic environments that impact community health. To inform health and wellbeing planning, Council has developed a Health and Wellbeing Profile(PDF, 3MB), which includes key data on health status and determinants.
It is reviewed annually to consider emerging community needs.
Council Plans are developed following Council elections and after extensive community consultation and feedback.
Tracking our progress
Each year, Council defines what activities it will undertake to contribute towards the Council Plan. We report quarterly on our performance against these plans, as well as through our Annual Reports.
Read more about our Annual Council Action Plans.