Triennial Arts Partner Funding (2023-2026)
Arts, cultural or heritage organisations that are either based in, or have a significant history of delivery in Maribyrnong, with a strong track record of producing high quality work and engaging the community in a significant way are encouraged to apply for Council’s Triennial Arts Partner Funding.
Maribyrnong City Council provides financial and in-kind support to the local arts and cultural sector through subsidised Council-owned arts facilities, programs and funding to support the operations of key organisations. Triennial Arts Partner Funding is designed to:
- Provide multi-year organisational funding to significant arts, cultural or heritage organisations delivering in Maribyrnong.
- Assist with their capacity to deliver programs that support local artists, build new audiences and increase participation in the arts by the community.
- Increase partnership opportunities for key arts organisations through leverage and strengthening financial viability for not-for-profit organisations.
- Enable forward planning for arts organisations with multi-year funding, reducing administrative processes and building organisational capacity.
- Increase creative outcomes in Maribyrnong that extend our marketing reach as a creative and welcoming city.
- Ensure that the outcomes of the Arts and Culture Strategy 2018-2023 are fully realised.
Successful applicants: Triennial Arts Partners 2023-2026
Council is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2023-2026 Triennial Arts Partner funding, supporting the operations of 14 local not-for-profit arts, cultural or heritage organisations in the Maribyrnong.
City of Maribyrnong Mayor, Cr Sarah Carter, said Council’s investment in local arts, culture and heritage organisations builds stronger, more cohesive communities, and increases well-being, life-long learning and creativity. The multi-year funding model encourages forward planning for arts organisations, reducing administrative processes and building organisational capacity. “Our local arts, cultural and heritage organisations are significant partners in achieving the creative vibrancy Maribyrnong is renowned for,” said Mayor Cr Carter.
Warm congratulations to the following 2023-2026 Triennial Arts Partner recipients:
- Footscray Community Arts
- Women’s Circus
- Western Edge Youth Arts
- 100 Story Building
- Living Museum of the West
- Snuff Puppets
- L2R Dance
- Trocadero Arts Projects
- Wit Inc.
- Fat Fruit
- Footscray-Yarraville City Band
- Hyde Street Youth Band
- Footscray Historical Society