Active Maribyrnong Grants Program
The Active Maribyrnong Grants Program provides an opportunity for a range of underrepresented young people in Maribyrnong to actively participate in community sport and recreation.
The Active Maribyrnong Grants Program is currently on hold. Please stay tuned for updates.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be 5-18 years of age
- want to play, or currently playing at a sports club within the City of Maribyrnong
- hold a family Health Care Card or Pension Card
Please note, priority will be given to:
- those with a disability
- those who have not previously received an Active Maribyrnong Grant
- City of Maribyrnong residents
What else do I need to know?
- applicants can receive 75% of membership costs, with a maximum $200 per child per year; subject to budget availability
- fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- funding will assist in covering the cost of fees to join your nominated sports club.
- no retrospective fees will be paid.
- no limitation to applications per family as long as application criteria is met.
Sports clubs must be:
- playing in the City of Maribyrnong
- affiliated with their State Sporting Body
- registered with the Active Maribyrnong Grants Program
To find out which sporting clubs are eligible as part of the Active Maribyrnong grants program visit our eligible sporting clubs web page.
How do I get involved?
Applications for the 2020 Active Maribyrnong Grants program are now closed. Stay tuned to this page for updates about how to get involved in the next Active Maribyrnong Grants program.