Active Maribyrnong Grants Program
The Active Maribyrnong Grants Program provides an opportunity for a range of underrepresented young people in Maribyrnong to actively participate in community sport and recreation.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible applicants MUST:
- Be 5-18 years of age
- Want to play, or currently playing at a sports club within the City of Maribyrnong
- Hold a family Health Care Card or Pension Card.
Please note priority will be given to the following:
- Those with a disability
- Those who have not previously received an Active Maribyrnong Grant
- City of Maribyrnong residents.
What else do I need to know?
- Applicants can receive 50% of membership costs with a maximum $150 per child per year; subject to budget availability.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- Funding will assist in covering the cost of fees to join your nominated sports club.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to applications per family as long as application criteria is met.
Sports clubs must be:
- Playing in the City of Maribyrnong.
- Affiliated with their State Sporting Body.
- Registered with the Active Maribyrnong Grants Program.
To find out which sporting clubs are eligible as part of the Active Maribyrnong grants program visit our eligible sporting clubs web page.
How do I get involved?
Complete Complete the Grants Program Application Form online or send the Grant Application Form and submit it to Council - applications must attach a copy of their family Health Care or Pension Card.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within 48 hours of submission.
If your application meets the criteria and funding is still available, Council will approve your application and send you an Approved Applicant Letter within three weeks of applications closing.
Submit your Approved Applicant Letter to your chosen sports club, within 6 weeks of receiving your letter.
Your club invoices Council for 50% of the membership fees - up to $150 per child.
Your club will reimburse your fees, if required.
Applications can be made online or download a copy of the flyer and application form below.