A planning permit is a legal document that allows a certain use and/or development of land.
Planning permits and building permits are different permits. Depending on your proposal you may need both. If both are required, a planning permit needs to be granted before a building permit can be issued.
To discuss your proposal and to find out what permits are applicable phone Council on 9688 0200 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need a planning permit?
A planning permit may be required if you are:
- Extending or building your house
- Renovating a property with a heritage overlay.
- Removing or pruning trees
- Building a multi-dwelling development
- Subdividing land or a building
- Starting, expanding or moving a business
- Changing the way an existing building is used
- Running a business from home
If your project triggers a planning permit, you must have the planning permit before a building permit can be issued.