Community Care

Support for Over 65s

We deliver in-home personal care to individuals requiring assistance to continue to live independently. We are able to offer subsidised support though funding received via the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.

My Aged Care

My Aged Care is a national online and phone service to help you find out about aged care services, and what services may be available to help you.

When you call the My Aged Care contact centre, the staff will ask questions to help understand your needs. They can help you find out if you are eligible for aged care services.

Visit the My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422 to gain more information on the services available to you.

Regional Assessment Services (RAS)

As part of this you may be referred to council where a RAS Officer will provide a personal assessment to discuss your care needs.

Community Care Services

Council offers a range of services as funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme to support independence and wellness of individuals within our community. Reduced fees and charges will apply for all eligible clients.

  • Personal Care – assistance and support with personal hygiene; grooming, bathing etc
  • Home Care – assistance and support with basic domestic duties; cooking, cleaning etc
  • Respite – provide support to carers and the person they are caring for
  • Food Services – provision of delivered meals
  • Home Maintenance – minor works to ensure safety and easy access in the home
  • Social Support – Opportunity to meet with other members of the community in a social setting


Support for Under 65s

HACC Younger Persons Program

We also provide a range of services for those clients under 65 years who require assistance to continue independent living.

To access this service please contact us on 9688 0200 to arrange an assessment with one of our staff who will identify your care needs, and discuss the community services available to you.