Senior drivers road safety
Years Ahead is a free one hour road safety awareness program, run by the RACV, which is specifically designed for older road users.
Information covered during the session includes:
- Driving and road safety tips for drivers & pedestrians
- The importance of choosing a safe vehicle
- The importance of being fit to drive
- The impact of health and medications on driving
- How to assess your own driving ability
- Information on alternative forms of transport.
Please contact Council’s Road Safety Officer on 9688 0200 to book a Years Ahead session for your seniors group.
Senior Drivers Expo
The Senior Drivers’ Expo is a good way to improve your driving. It is a half day workshop that runs from 9.45am to 2.30pm on a Saturday, four times per year, and is free of charge.
Participating in this expo, will provide you with important updates on road safety, driving, prescribed medicine and road laws. Free assessments of driving techniques and vehicle safety are also available on the day.
Free lunch is provided for all participants.
Please contact Council’s Road Safety Officer on 9688 0200 to find out when the next Senior Drivers Expo is scheduled.