Community Recycling Stations
Update 12 July 2021: Due to the current COVID-19 lockdown, there are delays to the service. Please contact your local facility to find out more.
Council's Community Recycling Stations offer a great solution for some common household items that cannot be recycled using your kerbside bins.
Residents can drop off a range of items for free using the new community recycling stations, including:
- Household batteries
- VHS and cassettes
- floppy discs
- light globes and fluorescent light globes
- X rays
- Pens, textas and old stationary items
Please note that the stations are only designed to accept household quantities of items and cannot accommodate large quantities or boxes of items. If the recycling station is full, you cannot leave materials around the station.
If you have large quantities of items to recycle, you can take these to your local Transfer Station instead.
Community Recycling Stations are located at the following sites:
- Braybrook Community Hub: 107 Churchill Ave, Braybrook
- Maribyrnong Community Centre: 9 Randall St, Maribyrnong
- Footscray Town Hall: 61 Napier Street, Footscray
- Maidstone Community Centre: 21 Yardley St Maidstone
- Green Collect: 1/75A Ashley St, Braybrook and 71 Anderson St, Yarraville
Community Recycling Stations are only accessible during opening hours for each site. Please contact your local facility to find out when they are open.