Clothing and electrical drop-off hubs
Council is working with Southern Cross Recycling Group to provide clothing and electrical drop off hubs across the municipality so that we can recycle these items and save them from going to landfill.
What can I drop off?
Unlike some clothing bins that only accept re-usable items, all textile items even torn clothing can be placed in the clothing drop-off hubs. Materials collected are either re-used, recycled, or are converted into alternate fuel sources.
Acceptable items include clothing, toys, handbags, shoes, belts, hats, scarves, and accessories. Please note, items need to be under 50cm high and 60cm wide in order to fit in the tray.
The electrical drop-off hubs accept all small electrical items that have a cord, including lap tops, tablets and mobile phones. Large items such as televisions are not accepted.
Drop-off hub locations
At each of the locations below you will find one electrical hub and two clothing hubs. Electrical hubs are identifiable by the bright purple colour and clothing hubs are bright yellow.
We urge everyone considering using the drop-off hubs to observe the items that can be accepted and to never dump unwanted items in these locations:
- Southampton Street, Footscray carpark (near Western Hospital). View map
- Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre, 1 Aquatic Drive, Maribyrnong. View map
- Droop Street, Footscray carpark (corner of Donald Street). View map
- RecWest Footscray, Essex Street, West Footscray. View map
- Maribyrnong Community Centre, 9 Randall Street, Maribyrnong. View map
- Bristow Street, Footscray Car Park (opposite Footscray City Primary School). View map
- Hansen Reserve, Roberts Street, West Footscray (next to Kingsville Kindergarten). View map